‘BEHAPPYLIMO’ PRIVACY NOTICE
We, Behappylimo take the protection of your personal data seriously and protect your privacy when processing your data in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
When you use Behappylimo, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
This notice applies to users of Behappylimo’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Behappylimo’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Behappylimo and its affiliates collect and use personal data.
This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
- Drivers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Behappylimo to provide, transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
- Delivery recipients: individuals who request or other products and services
- Delivery partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Behappylimo to provide other services.
Contact Information for the Data Protection Officer
Our data protection officer is:
063B Bungalow Nsawam,
NHIS District office,
Eastern Region Accra – Ghana
You can contact our data protection officer confidentially by mail to the above-mentioned address. Alternatively, you can contact our data protection officer on phone: +233 – 244 – 778 – 633.
Data collections and uses
- Data provided by users to Behappylimo, such as during account creation
- Data created during the use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Behappylimo partners and third parties that use Behappylimo services.
The succeeding data is collected by or on behalf of Behappylimo:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We pull together data when users create or update their Behappylimo accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also comprises vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies.
- User Content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Behappylimo customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users. This may include feedback, pictures or other recordings collected by users.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method.
- Usage Data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
Cookies, pixels and similar technologies
Cookies, pixels or similar technologies may be used when using Behappylimo services. This is common with most large websites.
Cookies are small text files and pixels are small graphics files, which can be stored on the user’s end device. Comprehensive information on the cookies, pixels and similar technologies used by Behappylimo can be found in our Cookies Policy.
When visiting the website, Behappylimo will set the required cookies, which are technically necessary, to improve the functionality or make the use of Behappylimo services more user-friendly (e.g. language, login status). Behappylimo also uses its own cookies, as far as possible in a pseudonymized or anonymized form, in order to analyze and improve the usage of Behappylimo services, to detect and remedy interruptions and technical or process-related problems and to prevent illegal usage of Behappylimo services (e.g. fraudulent booking, cyberattacks).
Additionally, Behappylimo uses its own cookies, pixels or similar technologies or those from advertising partners (e.g. search engine providers, advertising networks or distribution partners) in order to improve Behappylimo services or to measure, evaluate, design and improve advertising measures. Behappylimo uses different analysis tools in this regard. The evaluation is carried out in a pseudonymized or anonymized form as far as is possible.
You may prevent the storage of cookies at any time using your browser settings and delete any cookies present. However, this may mean that some functions of Behappylimo’s services may not be available or available only to a limited extent.
Behappylimo uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to ensure a level of protection for personal data appropriate to the risk, taking into account the state of the art, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and the degree of risk. The transfer of personal data between your end device and Behappylimo is generally carried out in an encrypted form (TLS encryption). You can identify an encrypted connection for example by the lock symbol in the address line of your browser.
If you communicate with us by e-mail, access by third parties cannot be ruled out. In the case of confidential information, Behappylimo, therefore, recommends using the mail or encrypted e-mail communication (PGP). Please let us know if you would like to correspond with us by e-mail in an encrypted form so that we can give you information on the relevant addresses.
Data Processing During Registered Use of Behappylimo Services and Booking Rides
Behappylimo processes the following personal data provided by you when you register and use Behappylimo Services or when you book rides (hereinafter “customer data”).
- Personal master data (a form of address, title, first name, last name, company, address, place, country, password);
- Contact data (e.g. telephone number, cellphone number, e-mail address);
- Contract data (e.g. time and manner of registration, status)
- Ride-related data (e.g. pickup location, destination, times, flight number, special requests).
- Status, customer history (e.g. previous rides);
- Contract invoicing (e.g. invoices, status, invoicing address) and payment data
Behappylimo gathers and uses data to enable reliable and suitable transportation, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To increase the safety and security of our users and services
- For research and growth
- To enable communications between users
- To monitor marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- To help with legal proceedings
Behappylimo does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing or any other reason, except with users’ consent.
Behappylimo uses the data it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features. Behappylimo uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify drivers’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of rides.
Credit Card Data
All bookings with Behappylimo may be paid by credit card or in cash. The credit card information only has to be stored once upon the first booking and is protected against unauthorized access. For this purpose, a certified payment provider is used whose systems meet the applicable security standards.
Behappylimo itself does not store credit card data or only in abbreviated form for analysis purposes or to prevent fraud.
In order to ensure that the credit card is used by the legitimate owner and to prevent cases of fraud, payment data and credit card information are transferred to one or more external payment security services. This transfer may also include additional personal data. The external payment security services are processing personal data on behalf of Behappylimo.
Communication with Behappylimo
If you contact Behappylimo (e.g. by calling, contact form, or e-mail), the data provided by you will be processed to handle your matter and to answer your question.
Behappylimo will also use data from the communication, as far as possible in a pseudonymized or anonymized form, in order to design Behappylimo services to be needs-based and to improve them, to detect and remedy interruptions and technical or process-related problems and to prevent illegal usage of pseudonymized services (e.g. fraudulent booking, cyberattacks).
E-mail Advertising, Newsletter
If you have agreed to receive advertising or if Behappylimo otherwise has the right, we will use your customer data to send you personalized advertising or general newsletters. The following data is mainly affected: Form of address, name, e-mail address. The purpose of the data processing is for Behappylimo to inform you regarding current offers and to draw attention to features of Behappylimo services.
E-mail advertising and newsletters may contain pixels. In this case, a graphics file is inserted into the e-mail sent in HTML format, based on which a statistical evaluation may be carried out. By using pixels, Behappylimo can detect whether and when e-mails have been opened and links contained therein clicked.
If you do not wish to receive advertising from Behappylimo for similar products or services, you may at any time revoke the corresponding use of your e-mail address without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs in accordance with the base tariffs. To this end, you can use the unsubscribe link contained in any mail or you can write an e-mail to us using the above-mentioned e-mail addresses.
Rights of stakeholders
If your personal data is processed by Behappylimo, you are the data subject. As the data subject, you have the following rights in relation to the personal data affecting you:
- Right to information
The data subject has the right to obtain a confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data is processed; if this is the case, they have a right of information about this personal data and further information on the data processing.
- Right to rectification
The data subject has the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to erasure
The data subject has the right to demand from the controller the erasure of personal data without undue delay and the controller is obliged to erase personal data without undue delay, provided the data is no longer required, the data subject revokes their consent or lodges an objection to the processing, the personal data was processed unlawfully.
- Right to lodge a complaint
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Data Erasure and Storage Duration
We will erase your personal data as soon as the legal basis for its processing lapses. However, legal bases may also exist in parallel or a new one may intervene with the lapsing of a legal basis, such as for example the duty to store determined data to fulfill a legal retention obligation (e.g. according to commercial or tax law).